Saturday, February 24, 2007

Oscar Predictions

This year I actually feel like it is a waste of time to make predictions since most winners are pretty frakkin obvious. Helen Mirren (love her!), Forest Whitaker, Jennifer Hudson- pretty much in the bag. The only upset I could possible see is giving it to Peter Otoole due to sympathy votes. As for best supporting male- I have to go with Eddie Murphy. I really don't think that Norbit helped him but he has been winning all the other big ones and I think he'll end up having enough steam to get it. The only one who could take it is Alan Arkin- he has been campaigning hard and has the cred with the academy. As for best picture- 3 months ago I would have said The Departed had it in the bag. Now, not so much. I swear Martin Scorcese needs to learn how to campaign- his movies always start awards season off strong- but just fade away. They need to hire Harvey Weinstein to run their campaign- now there is a man who nows how to sway the academy- as demonstrated by Gwyneth winning for Shakespeare in Love over the spectacular tour de force that was Cate Blanchette as Elizabeth. And this is coming from someone who loves her Gwyneth.
Back to what I was saying- I think it really is all about Little Miss Sunshine at this point. The steal could come from the Queen.

I can't wait to watch tomorrow night- I predict that I my favourite look will come courtesy of Cate Blanchette...or maybe Gwyneth. And so round 2 between the ladies begins!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Um... I'm assuming the Oscar gathering at your place has been cancelled?

Shauna said...

Nope- happening right now!