Sunday, February 25, 2007

Oscars Commentary




Ok warning- this is going to be all over the place but people just left and I have a lot of comments to make.

Jerry Seinfeld is up right now- I love him. Come on Al Gore!! I really like him- maybe if he wins he will draw some attention to Tipper and someone will offer to help her with her her....look at me I'm Sandra Dee...

I don't care what people say- I love Gwyneth's dress. I love how she carries it. At first I wasn't sure about Nicole's due to the bow but when she walked across the stage I liked it- she looks fabulous in red. The true test of a dress is how it glides across the stage- and this one was fabulous

Yay Inconvenient Truth0 I haven't even seen it and I'm thrilled!! Oh that woman must be Larry David's wife.

Oh Ryan Gosling I love you...where is Rachel McAdams?! I would like to take this time to thank Becca for introducing me to Breaker High in first year. While other first years were out drinking on Fridays we were in the Chown tv room watching South Park and Breaker High....good times!

Clint Eastwood makes me sad- he reminds me of my grandad...

Back on track- I HATE Penelope Cruz' dress- it is too big and nude....I hate the nude coloured dresses- they don't suit anyone- you are either too pale or orange. Speaking of which- why is everyone ORANGE?!!? Cameron, Leo, nasty. Speaking of Leo- I think he is trying to bring back BrillCream...ever since that boy dried off he just hasn't been appealing to me. He is someone who should stay wet- Basketball Diaries, Romeo and Juliet, Titanic- wet wet wet. Good Times

I'm not really feeling Ellen- she is not political enough for me. Though I did like her bit with Scorcese and then with Clint Eastwood and Spielberg. And the bit about America voting for Al Gore- that was a hint of political humor that I enjoyed

Jesus Christ who invited Celine- the composer looks bored. God keep her in Vegas with Manilow and Tom Jones.

Back to the clothes- LOVED Reese!! The long straight blond hair- god I wish I could do that. I think it looks freaking amazing. And the corset of her dress- the silhouette was amazing.

I was underwhelmed by Cate Blanchette- usually she really brings it at the Oscars but it was just ok. I mean it wasn't horrible but it wasn't great.

The song with the Talladega nights boys and Jack Black- FANTASTIC!! Loved the part about beating up Leo and then being scared of Marky Mark since he's a bad ass. That was great.

Anything that makes me think of Talladega nights just makes me happy

Back to clothes- those ladies are supposed to be representing the Devil wears Prada and THATS what they wear!! That black bow thing and the pearl earrings that I'm pretty sure my memere bought off the shopping channel- nasty. And the blue sequin dress- yawn...generic...and I'm surprised since I really loved Emily Blunt's Golden Globe gown. Not terribly shocked by Anne Hathaway- I've never liked her style

I love the audience pretending that they know what this Italian guy is saying....and clapping like they are smart....please bitch,

Oh I love Gwyneth's makeup- I think she looks fab. I also think that Keith Urban has been sneaking into Nic's botox stash- he is looking pretty shiny and stiff.

Kate Winslet- love the cut but hate the colour

Beyonce....I just don't feel like I have to say anything. I swear the applique is yet another shopping channel find- they are quite well represented tonight!! Her clothes just don't fit right and never give her the right silhouette- time to fire mommy dearest and get a new stylest!! Though I will say she has much better hair tonight than she has had recently.

Eddie Murphy's girlfriend- I think she broke a mirror and glued it to an ill fitting ugly dress- horrible!! I swear I thought he was going to win but that Norbit ruined it for him- plus he is supposedly not well liked in Hollywood. He should have asked the studio to push back Norbit until the ballots were in.

I'm not sure how I feel about Jack Nicholson- I don't like the bald thing...kind of creeps me out....although I do like when balding men shave it instead of do the come over.

George Lucas!! George Lucas!! Jo I can't believe you worked with him- I'm still in awe!

Oh god I HATE Kirsten Dunst dress, bangs, lipstick...she looks like a librarian gone bad. SO HORRIBLE!! I don't care if she's trying to be original- that is just nast. Reminds me of Kate Hudson's horrible dress when she was nominated.

I really have to see Little Miss Sunshine- note to self- stop being so cheap and get it on pay per view.

Ew does that girl have leeches on her?!?! Ok that's it- I will no longer be watching Pan's Labyrinth.

Helen Mirren- you rock!! I think she's fabulous and age appropriate!! I want her to be my friend!! I haven't seen her in this but Elizabeth the miniseries rocked my world....well I do tend to love anything involving Tudor England but I really love her!! She seems really grounded and normal. And note how the dress glides- now that is someone who knows how to pick a dress!

These dancer people are creeping me out beyond belief.....any type of acrobat creeps me out- I swear cirque de soleil is my nightmare!

I hate when Jennifer Lopez does that housewife do with her hair. Hate it!! And there is too much on her dress- I like the shape of it but I only think she needs one rope of the jewels for trim- I would get rid of the rest of them

I really like Jennifer Hudson in her red dress- better than what she was wearing on the carpet! At least she dumped the solar panel before going up to accept her award. Oh poor Beyonce- she is wait out of her league here- she cannot outsing Jennifer Hudson even if she tries....she is not in the same league.

Cameron Diaz- I don't like it. The top is too early 90s prom dress- does it not look like the top of Brenda and Kelly's black and white prom dress? I did love the shoes though!

So when exactly did Jada Pinkett Smith become a tranny? Can anyone remember the exact time period? With those shoulders and arms she should have done something flowy- the tight structured dress (in a hideous yellow) and the straight boring hair just makes her look even more mannish. If she really wanted to wear yellow she should have tried to do something like the Vera Wang that Michelle Williams wore last year- flowy and feminine.

Did anyone else notice that people do not want to be interviewed by Ryan Seacrest- they just look like they want to get the hell out of there.

Ok I liked John Travolta's joke about the full figured woman- that was cute.

Am I the only one who was thinking why the hell is Reba McIntyre at the Oscars- when did Jodi Foster turn into a country star? It was quite freaky- eve though it i Vera Wang I HATE how the bodice fits her.

Oh god here comes the memoriam...I ALWAYS cry...and miss people I've never had- yes, yes I am neurotic. Oh Peter Boyle...young frankenstein...Sidney Sheldon died? I used to love his books!!

Is that actually Penelope Cruz singing? Oh Helen Mirren has this in the bag. I just love her!! But side note- I love this big jeweled flower earrings trend...must get some...they would look fabulous with the dress I'm wearing to Kaarina's wedding- if anyone sees a cheapy version please let me know!Do you think it would have been too much for Philip Seymour Hoffmen to comb his hair? ACH NOT THE DANCERS AGAIN
I just love Reese tonight- I think this is the best she's ever looked- I love the long hair and the minimal makeup...fabulous
Again- Forest Whitaker has best actor in the bed....although I'd prefer if my Shaun would win....god I miss Breaker High! Ever since Lisa said that Peter O'Toole looks like a corpse that's all I can see. I really like how soft spoken Forest Whitaker is...I like him! Side note- am I the only one who noticed John Travolta making googly eyes at him? Oh I really liked his speech- it was quite eloquent
Wow- that is quite the trio....again...Jo I can't believe that you met George Lucas!! I bet they put the three up there because they will be giving it to Scorcese and they are the big 4 in the states. Cute little act! Clint- spit out the gum!! I hate seeing people chew gum!! Oh I'm crying- I'm so happy for Martin Scorcese! He so deserves it! Now this is the moment of the night that will be remembered!! Oh he's so nice and humble- and cute with thos brows! What a great backstage moment with Jack Nicholson and Martin Scorcese
Note to Nicole Kidman- look at how nice Helen Mirren looks with her moveable forehead!! Stop it already with the botox!! I mean I will probably get some someday but not to that extent!
Departed, Queen, Sunshine?!?! Who will it be? The Departed!! It kept up it's steam!
All and all- not the best show...hated the montages- should have had more little numbers by comedians



Best Dressed
  1. Portia De Rossi

  2. Reese Witherspoon

  3. Nicole Kidman

  4. Gwyneth Paltrow

  5. Rhea Durham (Marky Mark's girlfriend)


Worst Dressed



  1. Tracy Edwards (Eddie Murphy's Girlfriend)

  2. Penelope Cruz

  3. Jada Pinkett Smith

  4. Anne Hathaway

  5. Kirsten Dunst


PS- the picture of the boys is for Mandy and me.....it's ALL about Y Tu Mama Tambien- or as I like to call it- the erotic awakening of two young men

No comments: