Saturday, February 24, 2007

Shauna- the new Bridget Jones?!

So I'm watching Bridget Jones and I am frightened by the similarities between us. First off, I am also sitting on my couch in red flannel pyjamas...by myself. I also am terribly frightened I will die alone and no one will find me for weeks.....after Baxter has eaten away my face..... I also feel overweight and nasty- and this having to sit around and not go to the gym for 2 weeks is not helping. I also think Hugh Grant is a sexy beast and like the guys who are complete asses- as you all know. I also tend to fall a lot- huge quad...hence the cane.

However, I have a much better work wardrobe

I also tend to get drunk and sing karaoke- you know i've had too much when I break out the Bette Midler

Side note- was the casting of Hugh Grant as Daniel Cleaver not the best casting ever....I totally pictured someone like him when I first read it....god I love this movie.

Now I feel I need to make a public service to all the women I know. This myth that people have that girdles are just for old women is just ludicrous. People- this is the age of Spanx. Do you really think that any celebrity goes to an event wearing just a thong. These people understand that EVERY woman, regardless of shape and weight- needs some help. It really is all about the girdle.

Love seeing Baltar as the gay best friend...anything that makes me think of Battlestar Galactica makes me happy.

Colin Firth- yet another sexy beast. Christ I love this movie

The tarts and vicars party just reminds me that I got so drunk on my bday that I went out in public in a corset....and mini skirt....and horizontal striped leggings.....cringe....oh god....

God I love Daniel's loft- the bookshelves all over the halls, the glass railings.....awesome!

God I hate people who are in relationships that just can't understand why I'm single...that it's just so easy to find someone....bastards

"I like you very much- just as you are". Hands down the most romantic movie line of all time in my opinion. The idea that someone would like you exactly how you are- I mean all we ever do is try to change and feel bad about ourselves and act different depending who's around. I swear that's all any girl wants to hear.

God I am the Kingston version of Bridget- I just saw the scene with her cooking and I had flashbacks of my xmas baking. I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who ate my cheese and chocolate squares....even though I swear I didn't think they were that bad....kind of like cheesecake.

One aspect of these movies that I love are the fight scenes- normally I can't stand to watch any type of fights in movies but these ones amuse me. When Daniel and Darcy start fighting it is just fantastic to me since they are complete quads- love it!

I have to say I think that Renee Zellweger should always be at this weight- I really have never liked her in any other role. In this one she looks normal, doesn't speak in an annoying whisper and isn't completely squinty eyed.

Overall this movie has to give a girl hope- I mean if a girl with my thighs can get a man like Darcy then there is hope!

No comments: