Monday, March 5, 2007

Battlestar Galactica- WTF?!?!

THEY KILLED STARBUCK?!?! Are they frakkin kidding me?! I mean I had the assumption that would happen- Michael Ausiello discussed it and posted that Starbuck wasn't a Cylon so the rumour has been going around for weeks but I was sure that in the end it would end up being a foiler. I mean she is the lead character! The whole episode though was leading up to it- that last conversation with Lee about their relationship was mighty depressing. And when Adama started crying...yes I admit it- I was a mess. But it just doesn't feel right to me- I feel like there is more to this story. I mean Starbuck is too strong of a character to commit suicide- she was a fighter. Plus she was supposed to have this all important destiny- how was killing herself on that planet a destiny!? It wasn't like she was saving anyone!! And why on earth would the ancients paint that circle pattern on the ceiling of the tomb- why would they care if in the future someone was going to commit suicide?!

So I have a theory on this. I was listening to the BSG podcast (I love that thing) and I heard that both the Mar 4 and the season finale have huge important plot twists. I think that- although Michael Ausiello said the contrary- that in the end Starbuck WAS a Cylon. Why else would she follow that Cylon that she hated into the afterlife? What does he have to teach her...oh yeah that's right...how to be a Cylon!! I think for sure she is one of the final 5. AND I think the fleet will find out....and I think Lee and her will end up together. I think that THAT is her destiny. A Cylon and an Adama ending up together- could bring peace between the Cylons and man....and they will all live together in harmony on Earth...and that is why the ancients painted that circle pattern. There is no way that they are going to leave Lee with that boring nothing Dee...we all know that he is meant to be with Starbuck. So right now I choose to ignore the facts and instead believe that Starbuck is coming back.

No comments: