Monday, April 9, 2007

Who's a winner?! That's right- this girl!

So I got an email a little while ago from loulou magazine telling me that I had one a prize- it took me a little while to figure out what it was (I am so techno savvy)- a ton of perfume!!

http://www.louloumagazine.com/english/deals/LOULOU_deals/pastwinners/article.jsp?content=20060627_094514_5636&page=45

I mean I didn't even know what Kenzo perfume was but I was damn excited! I love winning things! Plus I figured it would satisfy birthday gift requirements for my relatives.

For those of you who don't know I am a bit obsessed with entering online contests- I have been doing it for a few years but had won nothing....I swear I thought my luck had changed since Becca wasn't around

And for those of you who don't know this for a while in undergrad Becca was by far my lucky charm...I mean the girl was by me for some spectacular wins!

It started with a shopping trip at Harmony in downtown Kingston in fourth year- we went there because Becca wanted a few things...I was bored and by the cash so I filled out a ballot for a shopping spree...and I won!! I got the phone call and went downtown immediately to spend my 100 dollars (I think I went with Sheila and Marni but Kath might have been there). Unfortunately Becca missed all this and got pissed at me since I went without her- but I didn't mean to be malicious! I was just excited and have no patience!

Then the next year we went down to the sidewalk sale. In order to get all the free samples at the Shoppers display you had to sign up for an Optimum card. So we all signed up, got our free stuff and went home. A few weeks later Shoppers started calling me- and being paranoid I was convinced that my credit card had bounced or something. But no- it turns out that they were running a big promotion for students with the Optimum card and I WON! I won a thousand dollar travel voucher for anywhere in the world! How awesome is that?!? And Shoppers threw me a party in the parking lot at Shoppers with a big blow up bear and the Optimum hummer....good times.

Then it all got topped off at the end of fourth year. Becca, Marni and I went to the brass and they were having this big Miller Genuine Draft promotion. As soon as you got there they put your name in a hat and they were drawing names all night for crappy prizes. At first I was winning nothing- both of them got called and won tshirts or hats or something. But then they drew 10 names for the grand prize...and wouldn't you know it but my name was called! Then they put all the names in the hat and drew one name at a time- the last one in the hat would win. And weirdest thing- I just knew I'd win...because Becca was so pissed! She was in the audience freaking out that I would win again instead of her...and I did!! I won me a party lamp!! HAHA! It was like a disco ball rotating lamp thing....it was classy!

But I haven't won anything since- and low and behold here I go winning again! Maybe I don't need Becca after all....or if I get her involved again I can get some big ass prizes! HEHE!!

So my perfume expert Lisa Kenny told me that she loved Kenzo- I looked it up and it looks pretty cool! Now I'm excited- it it for the soft, sensual, feminine woman- who is obviously me!!

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P165123&cm_mmc=ca_search-_-GG-_-br%20kenz-_-Kenzo%20Amour

No comments: