Wednesday, June 6, 2007

My Future

So one night on the way home from the bar Carolyn, Andrea and I went to see the Psychic in the building across the street from our hotel. We had been joking about it but Andrea said she wanted to go and I jumped all over it. Now first off I have been to see many a psychic- and usually they put on a show. They make up stories with a lot of details- they totally sell their crap. Well this one just didn't give a rats ass.

So when we got there we were told the psychic was downstairs in a "meeting" and she would be up momentarily. Now I should note that downstairs was a bar. So we sat in their living room- which was huge for a downtown chicago apartment. She came in and obviously had just been woken up. So for 10 dollars we could ask her 2 questions. Andrea went first and was gone for like 5 minutes. Then it was me...

Now I am never good under pressure- I get really stressed out. Having to chose 2 good questions just started stress me out. She first asked me if I had ever been to a psychic (I lied and said no), she asked my name and date of birth. So my first question was will there be any major life changes in my life in the next year. She starred at my hand the whole time- but never touched it. She said that she did see them- that I would succeed in my career, that I would be financially stable by the end of the year- she obviously has never seen my bank statements!! Then she said you are in a relationship right- and this is where I pissed her off...I said am I? I mean if she's a psychic she should know that, shouldn't she? So she said are you- I said no. She asked if I had ever cared for anyone- nice and general. I said yes..and she told me within 6-8 months I would meet someone.

So my second question was would I get married....I really want to use the registry gun one day...so she looked at my hand and said after a VERY long pause Yes, yes you will. To the guy I will meet in 6-8 months...but that I won't marry him this year....and that his first initial will be M. So if any of you have a friend who's first name starts with an M it is your civic duty to introduce him to me! HAHA!!

So I was in and out in a couple of minutes though...but the best is what she said to Andrea and Carolyn. She told Andrea that her soul was empty and that she should go back the next day and for 261 dollars they would light 3 candles and meditate to fill her soul....HAHA!! She also told Carolyn to go back to light 3 candles for 160 dollars- I"m the only one that she didn't invite back...I think I pissed her off. I mean it was a funny experience all and all

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think maybe "your soul is empty" is the funniest damn thing I've EVER heard. Shit damn could that be more insulting.