Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Connie and Carla

So I just watched Connie and Carla and let me tell you I thought it was fabulous! Obviously there was stupidity- the entire David Duchovny falls in love with a drag queen because they are meant to be...ridiculous. However, it is all show tunes!! The whole thing- it is Nia Vardalos and Toni Colette singing and dancing and doing cabaret- FABULOUS!! Toni Colette is fantastic- I mean I've always liked her but she is fabulous doing this- she should be on broadway. Poor Nia is out of her element- while she can sing she has no rhythm- and I sympathise...I also was not blessed with the gift of the dance...but she is lucky that she wrote this and was able to cast herself!

Anyways, I highly recommend it to any Broadway lover- it's quite amusing and makes you sing outloud! I would kill to sing Don't Cry for Me Argentina and have a whole room of drag queens sing along!!

No comments: