Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Moving Day

So today was the big day- I am now officially a Torontonian! I was working pretty hard all night last night (be quiet all of you who I was chatting with on MSN!) and only had about 5 hours sleep. My completely neurotic ways had me up just after 5 going insane with worry. My dad got up around 7 and then we got going. He went to get the UHaul and I kept cleaning...and cleaning...I was completely paranoid about the cat hair and my window cleaning. As Mandy experienced yesterday I may just be the worst window washer ever- I was told I don't put enough elbow into it. So it took about 3 hours to be completely done but it went rather smoothly...the only issue was that it was about a billion degrees and I was sweating like I've never sweat before (sexy I know!). So we got on the road and again- all was well....I should have expected that it was the calm before the storm.

I got to Toronto before my dad because he had to drive slowly down the 401 due to the trailer so I went to PetSmart to buy Baxter some new toys and a new litter box- had to make his new environment enticing...he came REALLY close to getting a pink ballshaped litter box but I decided to keep it masculine for him and got him blue instead....anyways back to the move....

So we got to my apartment and started unloading...my dad voiced concern about the size of the stairway but I assured him that I had questioned my landlord and that everything should fit and that the front window popped out if we needed more space. So we kept going...all the boxes and small furniture got it...then came the big stuff. First the boxspring- we pushed and shoved and only succeeding in putting a hole in the ceiling...fabulous! Then came the couch. My beautiful, lovely couch that I so painstakingly picked after a MONTH of couch shopping....my big two purchases when I got my job- my couch and my bed. And the couch did NOT go in. The window turns out does NOT pop out. And after again pushing and shoving and SCRATCHING MY COUCH and TEARING MY COUCH and my hysterical crying about my couch we finally stopped. So these two items are right now on their way to Kirkland...and I will be sleeping on the floor....I'm sure you can guess how thrilled I am....

So after more crying to various family members- I know this may sound odd to some of you but my couch is VERY IMPORTANT to me and my whole design scheme- I realize that I will get it back in a year- and my dad is going to try to get it repaired...so I'm trying to be rational...this is going to be tough for me...

I did hook up my tv with my club chair and ottoman facing it- so far it's quite comfy. I think Baxter is the most distraught...last time I moved he hid under the bed for a week- now he can only go under the orange chair.

So no blogging til Monday- I'm off to PEI! Have a fantastic holiday weekend!

No comments: