Sunday, August 26, 2007

Miss Teen USA

On Friday I went to Becca's to watch Miss Teen USA and oh man was it budget. I swear ever since Donald Trump took it over it has just been getting worse and worse. It was so budget- I've never heard of any of the designers, the prizes were lame by brands we had never heard of, and the Donald wasn't even there. Even the judges were executives from companies- very few minor celebrities. But the best thing EVER was the following speech. I swear Becca, Jason and I could not breath! It came from the genius that was Miss South Carolina. The question was:

a recent poll showed that some Americans can't find the USA on a world map and why do you think this is?

Her answer was: "I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uhmmm, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and uh, I believe that our, I, education like such as uh, South Africa, and uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and I believe that they should, uhhh, our education over here in the US should help the US, uh, should help South Africa, it should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future, for us."

HAHAHAHAHAHA!! Amazing!! The most shocking thing- she actually beat someone else with this answer!! She came in 4th!

Source

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So I JUST listened to this speech on you tube. I know, I'm only a week late. But as soon as I heard it I had to know what you thought. You definitely, didn't fail me! What gets me, is how the host guy - Mario Lopez - why didn't he burst into laughter. I mean, I had to try and contain myself.....

Shauna said...

I think Mario probably didn't think there was anything wrong with it- I probably thinks he's a US American as well!