Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Deeply Disturbing Commercials

Am I the only person who is completely traumatized by these new WSIB commercials. First there was the woman who is standing there talking about not being able to brush her daughters hair- then they zoom out and she is standing there holding her arm stump and her hand is missing. Just now they had a commercial for a girl talking about how she was supposed to get married that weekend but it wouldn't happen because she was going to get in an accident- she then slips on something and a ginormous pot of hot oil is spilled all over her- then they show her entire upper body being burned off- so traumatic. I kid you not I am shaking right now it was so disturbing- I do not do well with these things. I understand safety in the workplace is important- but I do NOT want to see these images....there is a reason I don't watch any violence if I can help it...I am a wimp

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there,

I have been emailing with the WSIB's marketing director and the ASC, trying to find a way to get these commercials banned. What I keep getting back is that the WSIB is committed to airing ads after 9 pm on adult-rated television, which lowers the chances of youth viewing the ads. Some consolation, huh? I am still working on it. There is a Facebook group called "People against WSIB workplace injuries commercials," if you're interested. Good for you for voicing your opinion!

Shauna said...

Well I saw this commercial during a show that was airing from 8-9pm- so they are definitely not following this rule! I say get it off the air- while we all have to be vigilant in the workforce I do not need to see these graphic images!

Anonymous said...

Hey folks,

Same here.

Saw the chef burnt face commercial tonight during first 1/2 of "Survivor" that my young kids watch with us. The one is still asking me if that person's face is "burnt" off and how to fix it.

I didn't know about this campaign at all, so to see the person fine one moment and thrashing on the floor the next minute really made me mad!! Had NO idea what to expect, no warning etc.

Glad I'm not the only one who felt these are airing at wrong times. In fact, spent past hour googling other's reactions and while doing so, another WSIB commercial was on, the one with the explosion and the guy get's blown off the roof...ack.