Thursday, December 13, 2007

Golden Globe Nominations

It's the most wonderful time of the year! Not only is it Christmas it's award season- yay! I LOVE award season- I completely eat this shit up!

Today the Golden Globe nominations were announced- see the complete list here.

As for the nominees- I have to start with Grey's- what the hell?!?! Did the Hollywood Foreign press even watch that show this year?! I mean usually they are pretty good with their nominations- but this is atrocious- that show is horrid. They did nominate the Tudors though- excellent choice! I love that show! And they invited my former future husband Jonathan Rhys Meyers- I swear if he shows up with Pete Doherty I won't be able to handle it! PUSHING DAISIES WAS NOMINATED!! Ok the academy is redeeming itself and showing it has taste- I freakin love that show!! And they nominated Chuck- AND NED!! Oh god as I"m reading the list I am forgetting my anger over Grey's and getting super stoked about Pushing Daisies. Ok that dumbass ingrate Katherine Heigl took the spot that should have rightfully been Kristin Chenowiths. And get over William Shatner already- that nom should have went to Chi McBride whom I adore on PD. Am glad to see Donald Sutherland got a nom- he is fantastic on Dirty Sexy Money.

As for movies- I have got to start watching these...I haven't seen any of the best drama nominees! I am quite excited to see Cate Blanchette nominated for Elizabeth- she was fantastic in that. As for the comedies the nominations of both Sweeney Todd and Juno prove that I need to see these films ASAP! Amy Adams was nominated for Enchanted- that's fantastic! She was SOOO good in that movie- highly recommended people! Actually- it should have been nominated- stupid Hairspray getting it's spot!!

I have to say I am very worried about the show actually airing- once again the writer's strike is ruining my life. The guild is threatening to picket the show- and they are saying that members of the Screen Actors Guild will support the writers and not cross the line. That means NO ONE will be there- and that sucks!! Rumer Willis (Miss Golden Globe this year) must be having a heart attack!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I completely agree with the "what the hell" on the Grey's Anatomy nominations...Meredith died. For two hours. And woke up with no brain damage. WTF, 5 minutes "dead" is enough for serious ischemic damage! Arg.

Also love the Pushing Daisies nominations, honestly surprised too since it's flying under the radar.

As much as I love Shatner on Boston Legal, I have to agree that's enough of him getting nominated. He already won and was nominated a few times, that's quite enough of Denny Crane stealing the spotlight.

I agree that the show would be awesome if it actually happens...so many big names and new kids on the nomination block.