Monday, January 7, 2008

Dance Wars

I was going to bed early but I have to admit I was tempted to watch this...and let me say..it is pretty bad...

I mean I don't doubt that Bruno and Carrie Ann have talent but so far I've been nothing but annoyed. First- Drew Lachey is a horribly annoying cohost. I didn't think that he was horrid until he decided to come out in "disguise" and be "funny"....he's like the new Jon Dore- and I stopped watching Canadian Idol because of him.

And as for the whole theory on this show that it is easier to teach a singer to be a dancer than a the other way around I just don't know....because from what I can see there are some very talented dancers but I have yet to be impressed by a single singer. They are all horrid!! HORRID!! First off they have a horrible selection of songs to chose from- granted I despise motown. Then they all decide they want to give their own interpretations of the songs- which we all know I hate even more. HATE IT!! If it ain't broke don't fix it- I don't need to hear 12 off key runs for each note!!

I guess it's a new song so maybe they just didn't have a lot of people audition for them...but all the people they seem to love I think are ridiculous.

It's even worse when I don't even know what song they are singing- and it's My Girl!

I don't get it- I'm watching the big group number and while most can dance they are HORRIBLE singers- absolutely HORRIBLE singers!!! I thought they would get singers and teach them to dance- I don't think that happened. I also don't think that it helps that the show is called dance wars- i don't think many singers would think to audition for a show with that title.

Note to the show- by making them go loud will not make them sound better...man these are poor poor singers...I hope this gets better because right now it isn't terribly appealing...

No comments: