Saturday, January 26, 2008

Miss America

I am sticking with my first choice- I think Miss Illinois has this in the bag- and Miss Indiana will come close. Even though she didn't win I still think it's her.

Well the current Miss America definitely wasn't given any style advice- look how awful that red dress is!

What now- why the hell is the host Mark Steines- where the hell is Michael Urie?! Bring me back my Michael Urie!!

I kind of like that I know these girls prior to the competition- I think the reality show increased my intrigue.

Wow I'm seeing why some girls weren't profiled- they are boring and stiff. So far I don't remember any of these darkblue girls- yup I don't remember any of them. God Texas was horrid at reading her lines

Ok do I know any pink girls...Ok I do know Miss New Mexico- she looks like the girl from Miss Congeniality. Miss Virgin Islands!? They are represented- I never noticed that before!

Ok side note- I love that the girls came out in just jeans and tank tops and are not doing some sort of stupid dance to a song I've never heard of.

Holy earrings miss Nevada- those are ginormous!! Ok I like Miss Washington's line- that was cute. I like that she did it differently.

Mark Twain came from Connecticut?! I never knew that.

UPDATE: My comp actually broke down at this point- I am now blogging on Sunday with the rest of my impressions of this pageant

Ok I can't believe that Miss Illinois didn't even make the top 15- i guess I was completely wrong with my guess!!

Yay for Miss Utah getting in by America's vote. Right away I'm noticing that this pageant is more laid back- they are all waving and acting animatedly at this point- usually in a pageant they are just stiff and posing.

I love that the other girls now sit on the stage to watch the rest of the show- it's a nice change. And I love that Clinton offered them carbohydrates!

Swimsuit competition- I like that some of them came out and tried to dance to the music- kudos go to Michigan and Florida. Is it just me or did it look like Arkansas' bathing suit was going to fall down- it was weirdly hiked up on one side. And what was up with Texas' shoulder- it was doing a weird twitching thing. Love Washington- by far my favourite. Except her swimsuit didn't fit her- the bottom was WAY too small- and she walked in a very odd way. Oh and California- why on earth did you chose a highcut bottom- those should have been left behind in 1989. Good for you Utah- wear that one piece!

Love the pushup salute- so cute! And so animated!

Ok I don't really care about any of the girls that were eliminated here except Miss Florida- I think she did well! She did her dance and was animated- I don't agree with this. Her only flaw was the overtanning syndrome with unmatching face- she tanned to the point that her body was tangerine but she had so much foundation on that was a different colour than the rest of her body- not a good look!

What I did like was most of them had healthy bodies- only Indiana and Georgia appeared to have implants and only Indiana was overly skinny.

Anyways evening gown- one of my favourite parts! I was on the phone with Becca this whole time so we could make comments. First of all- loved Virginia! The top didn't fit completely well but it was still a gorgeous dress. I also loved Wisconsin's dress- very nice. As for the rest- yuck. Not good! Miss Indiana looked like she belonged in a harem, and Washington's looked like something that Helen Mirren would wear- not a twenty year old! The worst by far- Michigan!! It was Britney Spears naked outfit in dress form!! SO BAD!! It was sheer with strategically placed rhinestones- SOOOO BAD!!!

TALENT!! THE BEST PART!!! I am SOOO happy that Trump is no longer running this pageant and that talent is back in!!

Shhh..do you hear that?! That is the sound of Judy Garland rolling in her grave! Jesus- Michigan was SOOOO BAD!! SOOO BAD!! She did the talking while singing thing and when she tried to hit notes I just cringed- sooo bad!! Sang in an opera house my ass- so bad!

California- until this point she looked old and dowdy to me. At this point I realized- she rocks! God she was good- her song was amazing- and the dress was fantastic! Well done California- well done!

Virginia- the dance was ok- I mean I can't do that on point so it was good. When I saw the outfit I thought there would just be lots of jumping but she was good.

Indiana- piss poor. Piss poor indeed. Banditos?! It was a simple spanish song- was her talent singing in another language- because the singing itself was piss poor! She wasn't tone deaf but she wasn't talented either

Wisconsin- now I don't know much about playing the violin but i thought it was a bit shreaky- Becca thinks she's talented but nervous. Plus the swaying is drama that isn't necessary

Texas- I didn't like it- I was bored. It was just a lot of balancing- but Becca and Jason liked it

Washington- Angels!? Seriously/ The little popup said that you were voted best soprano in high school and you chose to sing Robbie Williams?! I mean again- not tone deaf but it was so generic and karaoke. I expected more

Iowa- the dancing was ok but a bit boring.

Ok now the questions. Washington by far rocked this question- ROCKED IT!! Loved her answer. Also loved California- nice bringing it back to the modern Miss America. Hated- Texas. Idiot. She didn't answer the question- she just said that she could be a role model to young people- lovely. Then Iowa- soo bad! It might be because I was so distracted by the earrings that took up her entire ear but her answer was awful. She basically just copied Miss California's and talked about Miss America. I did like Virginia and Michigan- it was nice and simple. They could have expanded more but it was good. I also admire Indiana for saying that Jamie Lynn Spears should not be fired and people deserve a second chance- it was a brave answer since in the past the acceptable answer would have been to appease the Christians and say that she should have abstained. Oh and Miss Wisconsin- the way to get the rest of the world to like Americans is to let them know that America has a good educational system and volunteer work- yeah that will help...idiot.

Ok the finals- at this point Becca and I thought that California and Washington had this in the bag. What?! Iowa won 4th runner up?! Seriously?! What?! Washington got third?! Ok Indiana is first runner up- it has to be California!

WHAT THE HELL!?~? MICHIGAN!? In her Britney Spears outfit and the massacring of Over the Rainbow- seriously!??!

Ok up to this point I LOVED this pageant!! Loved it!! I LOVE that Trump no longer has any association with it- his pageants are just filler crap. I loved how real the girls were. I loved the talent. I loved that the questions asked them about real issues. All and all well done! Highly recommended people if you catch it on reruns on TLC

2 comments:

Sheila said...

I still can't believe she won. honestly! We were just shocked!!! California totally rocked the final two events and deserved it!!!!!

Guess they really didn't want to modernize miss america based on their final choice!

Anonymous said...

Trump has never been associated with Miss America. It is/was Miss U.S.A.(I think) and Miss Universe (definitely).

I was horrified that Miss Michigan won. I kept saying out loud, "There's been a mistake. They're going to realize he read the wrong name." Her talent was especially horrid.