Tuesday, January 22, 2008

RIP Heath Ledger


Ok this is just shocking to me. I got home tonight a bit late after working late and doing some groceries and my phone was ringing. Marni, Sheila and Steph called to ask me if I had heard the latest gossip- a male celebrity was dead. After a guessing game that took me about 15 minutes I finally guessed that the dead celeb was Heath Ledger. This is just sooo sad!! I mean he has a two year old daughter- that is always awful. And I mean I used to LOVE him! I adored Ten Things I hate about you- and not just because it was my first movie with The Dude. When he sang to her at her soccer game I got chills. And to this day I still say my dream date is to go play paintball.

I knew he had a problem with drugs- it was known he enjoyed his blow. Plus Lainey just admitted that this blind item was about him:

Grizzly, Grumpy, and High

All one person.


Not that doing drugs is any kind of shocker but a supposed family man? A serious actor? Settled down and severe? Apparently what happens in Toronto stays in Toronto.


So as I’m sure you know, celebrities don’t procure their own happy substances. That’s what wranglers are for. Go-t0-guys and girls assigned to the task of purchasing the poison and getting it into the hands of the stars who want it.


Popular local hot spot, A list actor is itching for some action. His runner is dispatched on the errand and comes back with more than enough to satisfy a five member rock band. But on this night, only one knight is the user, and according to my source – lock tight at that – he did s0 much blow it’s a wonder he hasn’t died from a heart attack.


Which explains the Jekyll & Hyde behaviour. Super accommodating one day, sullen and snarky the next. Method acting perhaps… but still, if I were the woman in his life, I’d probably keep a closer eye.


Just a suggestion…

So sad...

The only details that I know is that he was found in his New York apartment face down with a bottle of sleeping pills beside him. An autopsy will be performed tomorrow

Poor little Matilda Rose...so sad...

UPDATE: Here is a quote for an article that was published in the New York Times 2 months ago:

“Last week I probably slept an average of two hours a night,” he said. “I couldn’t stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going.” One night he took an Ambien, which failed to work. He took a second one and fell into a stupor, only to wake up an hour later, his mind still racing.

Obviously the man had a problem with sleeping pills. I just read that his masseuse showed up at 3:30 for an appointment with him and found him unconscious. There were 2 pill bottles near his body.

Again it bears repeating. So Sad.

No comments: