Sunday, February 17, 2008

Book Review- Something Borrowed/Something Blue

I had noticed these books in various bookstores for awhile now but hadn't had a chance to read them. Now that I have that I have here is my final opinion- meh. Not great- not even by mindless chick lit standards.

The basic premise- there are two 30 year old New York women who have been best friends for over 25 years. One is beautiful and successful and popular, the other is nerdy and reliable and boring. The beautiful one has a boyfriend of 7 years who she is to marry- until the best friend starts an affair with him. I am giving nothing away- this is on the back of the book.

The one who is cheated on is no victim though- she also does horrible things. So in the end I disliked all of the characters in the first book. By the middle of the second they started to redeem themselves in my eyes...but it still didn't make it all worth it.

I do not recommend these- if you want to do chick lit read Marian Keyes. Far superior books!!

No comments: