Sunday, February 10, 2008

Grammy Awards

Oh Yuck!! They are starting the grammy awards with Alicia Keyes singing with Frank Sinatra- god I hate when people sing with dead stars- it is all awkward and weird....plus let's not forget- Frank Sinatra while a legend could not sing...even the Godfather knew that! I alo strongly dislike Alicia Keyes weird mohawk updo- one day she'll get it all right and have a good dress and hair! Actually I liked her red carpet dress beter than this one- I don't like the cutout

Carrie Underwood- I might listen to a bit of this- my dad says he likes the lyrics to this song. Ok Carrie- time to have a bit more emotion when you sing- she hasn't changed her face- ok now she' relaxing...she is probably just nervous.

Oh Prince you kill me- i love his swagger when he walks on stage! I also love the small pube stash. Fantasia is nominated for an award?! Seriously? Man American Idol is representing this year!

Go Rihanna! I love this song- it just makes me happy! Plus I really want one of thoe leopard and pink umbrellas- very cute! I don't necessarily love the hair and outfit- I prefer her red carpet ensemble. Oh please don't stop the music- I just see the drag queen with implants shaking it- god I loved going to the drag club- o much fun! I need to go dancing more! I'm even tempted to unretire from the KL bar scene so I can go dancing! Anyways- this song is so fun!

Seriously- have the Beatles never been honoured by the Grammys before?! If not that is insane! People should be clapping more- it's the freakin Beatles!!! At least Ringo is there- where is Paul!? As much as I love the Beatles I don't know if I can handle watching Cirque de Soleil..few things annoy me more...

Cindy Lauper and Miley Cyrus- please!! Miley isn't fit to lick that woman's shoes! Go Feist- I don't really like the song to be honest but she is Canadian...although I do like Amy Winehouse's music...ok I"m glad she won...Rehab wa a great ong!

Jason Bateman!!! Michael Bluth!!! I love you!!! I swear he is getting better looking with age- I heart him!! From Led Zeppelin for the morons- HAHA!! Oh Jason I love you! While I love J.B. this audience interactive part is a waste of time

I love Kanye West's ego- I mean the man doesn't feel that he needs an introduction and he just stands there with his black light day glo outfit...awesome! Actually the performance is quite cool- and this is probably his best song. I don't think he has as strong a voice when he just tries to sing...he is better as a rapper or hiphop guy- the boy doesn't have a strong enough voice to sing. What the hell does it say on his head? Ok this whole mama song is just awkward- it really isn't a nice song but the poor guy did lose his mother...

Oh god Fergie this song sucks- and your red carpet look was much nicer. Why do these people feel they need to belt a song- I hate this kind of music...I'd rather hear a fun dancing song!

Yay Beatles! You deserve anything you get!!

CHER!! CHER!!! (Please picture me hysterically screaming right now) CHER I LOVE YOU!! I thought they weren't supposed to lipsync at the grammys...but Beyonce is very obviously lipsynching during this weird introduction...Go Tina Turner!! You deserve the stage all to yourself- you look freakin fabulous! What other late 60s woman would wear a lycra silver outfit!? I need a pic of her to show how plastic surgery can make you look fabulous without looking scary! See when Beyonce goes out with Tina and she talks it's all breathy- she was totally lipsynching before! Tina show her how it's done! I would have liked to see Tina do this alone...I just don't feel Beyonce is powerful enough to do this without screaming...

Ok I don't mean to go on bump watch but is it just me or does it look like Nelly Furtado has a bit of a bump? I know it's hard to look away from anything but the god awful blonde hair but still...it could just be the cut of the dress though

Song of the year...ok let's see what they have- Hey there Delilah! I love that song! Rehab- fantastic song! Umbrella- love that one!! I have to say that both Hey there delilah and umbrella were among my favourite songs of the year- oh they gave it to Winehouse! She should have it- it doesn't sound like anything else.

Solange?! Seriously- the girl has a career?! And enough of a career to not need a last name!? I mean did Beyonce put it in her contract that her sister had to be allowed on stage too? And she is most definitely wearing a Tina Knowles creation- so bad! Wait a minute- I just saw Usher with a prime spot up front- he is still considered relevant?! I didn't realize that!

Oh god Kanye- you need to get the ego in check- getting them to turn down the music so you could talk more...the ego is amazing...

Oh Feist- nice to see Canada on stage- although this song bores me to death. I don't really know any of her other music but I would listen to it- I hope that she is not the female Jack Johnson- aka a singer that will put me to sleep everytime.

I have absolutely no idea who this woman is with kid rock- time to change the channel for a bit...

Best Rock Album- well I don't find Daughtry but they remind me a bit too much of Creed- whom I hate. Oh Foo Fighters- I love them. I have no idea who wilco is...I say foo fighter! Yay Foo Fighters!

Yuck- I hate when they have the singer sing more than once- we already saw Alicia Keyes...do they not have anyone else who could perform?! Although I love the straight hair...

HAHA Vince Gill- love the dig at Kanye- but it probably just went over his head- he probably thinks that he is bigger than the Beatles!

Go Rihanna and Jayz! I love Umbrella!

Oh here is the winehouse. I wonder if she will actually finish a performance- she has been running off stage recently- but she looks happy...and she is wearing her wedding ring- and a song about Blake...charming. I have to say I wish she had song Rehab...and everytime I look at her I can't believe that she is only 24- she looks so much older! Oh she is doing Rehab- good! I appreciate that the girl does really sing when she performs- I just wish for her sake in 20 years that she stops it with the sailor tattoos! I love her little dances- it looks she is doing the mashed potato from the first Hairspray movie! Also note to Winehouse- I appreciate that you got the new tooth- vast improvement! Is she going to talk? I don't think I've ever heard her talk...

Ok record of the year- go Foo Fighters! Go Umbrella! And Rehab- go Winehouse!! Wow it is her night! Time to say something Winehouse! Oh her poor mom- the woman needs some joy after the past year with her daughter!

Don't get me wrong- I love Andrea Bocelli and Josh Groban- but seriously- do they always have to sing The Prayer?!!? I've heard them each sing this multiple times- it wasn't new for this year. Don't get me wrong- love listening to them- but it would be nice to hear a new song...

Wow Jerry Lee Lewis does not look like he does in my head anymore- everytime I hear his name I picture Dennis Quaid from the movie...

This Will I Am song is a complete waste of time- there is no need for filler at this point- the show has already been damn long

Ok Album of the Year- I wonder if Winehouse will get it- I don't know if the whole album was great. Oh god look at Kanye praying- god he annoys me! I hope he doesn't storm the stage if he loses!! Herbie Hancock- what the hell is that?! Sometimes they like to salute the old guard- and here they obviously did

No comments: