Sunday, February 24, 2008

OSCARS

I don't really like this opening sequence with all the movie characters- it is kind of disturbing- it looks like it would be better if I was wearing 3D glasses- right now it's just odd

Oh they had better fix the sound- it's not working! You can't hear the announcer!!

Daniel Day Lewis is so quirky- I enjoy him.

Highlights from Jon Stewart's monologue: Thank god for Teen Pregnancy- hehe! Even Norbit got a nomination- too often the Academy ignores movies that aren't good! HAHA!!

Costume Design- Atonement had beautiful clothes- but it has to go to Elizabeth- that movie was gorgeous!! Yup I was right!

For best animated my guess was ratatouille- man I"m on a role! I really do have to see that movie

Red is definitely the colour of the night- and I love Katherine Heigl's dress- the hair is just inexcusable.

Makeup- my guess is Pirates of the Caribbean- they can't seriously give an Oscar to Norbit. Oh it's La Vie en Rose

Amy Adams is singing the working song!! I think you need to see the vermin cleaning to truly appreciate the genius of the song! I would love if she had worn her big puffy gisele dress- this dress is not a very Gisely dress.

Visual effects- I can't believe Harry Potter wasn't nominated- the fight scene in the ministry was brilliant!! My guess is Pirates- I cannot fathom transformers winning an oscar- i am too snobby for that

Go Cate Blanchette- loving the deep purple!! Ok for Art Direction my guess is Sweeney Todd since Tim Burton's movies usually look fantastic- I need to see this movie!! Oh I was right!! Oh Johnny I wish you hadn't worn the glasses- I mean I still love you but you are so pretty without them!

Oh Jennifer Hudson what the hell were you thinking with that dress- her boobs look so weird.

Ok best supporting actor- it is Javier Bardem's to lose. Although they might give it to Hal Holbrook since the academy has a history of giving this award to oldtimers. Yup it was Javier.

Keri Russell- I hate the sculpted bodice- just hate it!

Owen Wilson- nice to see him up and about! I guess this is him saying that he is ok.

As for Live Action Short I think I picked the Argentini one...oh I was wrong! I find these categories hard to guess since I never know what they are!

I would like to see Cate Blanchette take this- I hope it doesn't go to Ruby Dee- she was only onscreen for 5 minutes and it would be a sentimental award. Was it really that amazing of a performance? no I don't think it was...Tilda Swinton- wow that came out of right field! She got really good reviews but hasn't really been talked about. She is very quirky- loved her speech about George Clooney!

Look at my James McAvoy doing a little dance- god he's cute!! Best screenplay- I think my guess was for the Coen brothers. Yup got it! Figured they'd have to get something for it.

I don't know why they got Kristin Chenoweth to sing this- this should have been Amy Adams- she gets a whole number- I want to see Gisele singing this! Don't get me wrong- I love seeing Pimento Digby- but it should be Amy Adams- it's her part.

They could have used Jonah Hill and Seth Rogan better- remember the Will Farrell song last year- that rocked!! I need another song!!

They are doing best actress already?! Doesn't it seem early for that? It will be Julie Christie- although I would love to see Ellen Page of course. It could also go to Marion Cotillard. Oh it was Marion Cotillard- she took it. I still don' like the mermaid dress- i kow it's different but not my thing! She thanked life and love?!

I feel I need to do a quick rant about the dresses. These women had no globes- this is their big moment of the season- and they all came out in black!! And in variations of the same black dress- one the penelope cruz has already worn. I'm bored- maybe Marion's dress will grow on me since I'm so terribly bored by the clothing.

Renee Zellweger- OPEN YOUR EYES!! Bridget Jones didn't constantly squit- and stop pouting your lips after you speak- drives me nuts!!

NICOLE- WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WEARING!??! What the hell is up with the necklace?!!? I expect more of you!! So disappointing- I'm scared the botox is seeping into your brain and affecting your fashion sense!! only the eyeballs are moving- the forehead is completely stiff- it is frightening!!!

Penelope Cruz- I don't love the dress- but I feel I have to give it props simply because there is nothing else to praise!

The versatile and handsome Patrick Dempsey?! Seriously!? I haven't heard an introduction like that since International Heartthrob Lorenzo Lamas. And versatile?! When has he ever shown range?! I mean the most extreme that he has ever been onscreen is when he showcased his dancing with the African Anteater ritual.

Why wasn't the song from Juno nominated?! That song was better than all of them except the Happy song and That's how you know- love that one!!

Oh John of course you are excited to be introducing this- you just love to shake your gay gay!! Note to John- When you spray on your hair watch the hairline!! It is a bit round around your face right now!

What?!!? Enchanted didn't win?!!/ That is crazy- did they see the movie?! Who are these people?! What is this movie?! Well congrats to these people- they are very excited!!

So far I'm finding this Oscars is really boring- Jon Stewart is funny but not terribly memorable. And all the montages are boring. And the dresses aren't great- we only have 1/2 an hour left- time to spice it up!!

Cameron Diaz- you really should have put on some makeup- she looks very washed out.

All the dresses are black and fishtailed- blah blah...god I know I've said this a thousand times now but I was expecting more!

I definitely think that the score from Atonement should win- that movie was all about the score. It was a huge part of the movie. Yup it won- well deserved.

I would love to see Juno win original screenplay!!! Go Diablo Cody!!! Go Juno!! She won it! From exotic dancer to Oscar Winner- that is awesome!!

Best actor- I think that Daniel Day Lewis has this in the bag. There you go Helen- that's how you do it! Look how awesome she looks- she looks like an Academy Award winner! I would pretty much kill to have Johnny Depp win- it would rock my world!! He is very quirky and attractive in a weird way.

Best Director- I would love love love to see Jason Reitman get this- go Canada!! But it will probably be Julian Schnabel since he's been winning everything else. Oh that was an upset- the Coen's won again! I wonder if they'll sweep and get best picture

I swear for the last award it's always one of a few people presenting- it's a Tom, Denzel or Harrison. This year it's Denzel. GO JUNO!!! GO JUNO!!! I would love to see it win...although I think it will be No Country from Old Men. Yup they got it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was so wrong on so many of my picks...no way am I winning the Lainey swag bag.

Shauna said...

Yeah me neither- I went with Julie Christie and Cate Blanchette. Also picked Sicko. And randomly guessed on most technical awards so no way am I in the running!