Sunday, February 3, 2008

Paula at the Superbowl



Ok so I just watched Paula Abdul "singing" "live" for the Superbowl preshow. First off- love that she lipsynched at the beginning to something she recorded almost 20 years ago. Then the song- I mean the dancing was ok. You can tell that Janet Jackson learned most of her moves from Paula- I'm not a huge fan of the style and it's a bit dated but whatever. And the song is actually catchy- it sounds like something Britney would release. It's not great but it's not horrid.

What I found funny is just how badly the woman lipsynchs- very rarely did the camera pan into her face because it was like she had no idea just what song she was singing along to. Every funny!!

All and all not as much of a trainwreck performance as I was expecting

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely disagree. She was HORRIBLE. I actually think she was on par with Brit's performance except the outfit was slightly less horrid. There is not one point in the video where I wasn't startled or in horror. Also, where/when did she perform...I had to watch the Superbowl and there was only Tom Petty at the halftime. Don't even get me started on that...good songs that last the ages, but 20 years too late.

Shauna said...

Oh I do think she was horrible- but maybe it was what i was expecting so it wasn't any worse than I thought it would be. I loved that she couldn't lipsynch to save her life. It was recorded a week in advance and they played it at the beginning during Ryan Seacrest's red carpet