Sunday, February 3, 2008

Spice Up Your Life!!


I just got home after the Spice Girls concert and let me tell you- amazing!! Absolutely fantastic- there are no words!! Not since New Kids have I danced and screamed so much- I don't think I'll be able to take calls tomorrow.

The anticipation to the concert was just fantastic- we had our homemade tshirts and so did half of the crowd. The place was just amazing- the stage was HUGE and there was a large runway and platform that went out into the middle of the ACC. We were so releaved because our seats were way better than we thought. Then the lights went out and i thought that I would pass out I was so excited!!! Then they came up on their platforms and started Spice Up Your Life- and let me tell you- me life has been spiced up!!! And of course who's platform is closest to mine- my Posh of course!! So I was screaming so hard I didn't know what to do with myself!!

Then came the moment that will stay with me forever- Posh WAIVED TO US!! That's right- she waved in our direction at us- I thought Lisa Mandy and I would pass out!! It was AMAZiNG!!!

The Spice Girls know how to put on a show like no other- every single song and a distinct background and set and costume and dance...amazing!! And the girls really wanted to interact with the crowd which was amazing.

Comments on the girls themselves:

My Posh: Breathtaking. My girl knows her brand and she plays it to perfection. She knows how to pose- how to look- how to turn her face just so- and she actually does sing!!! Actually they all sing- you can tell it's not lipsynched because you could hear them breath and change things- AWESOME!! Then every girl sang a solo song but her- my posh got a big black train added to her costume and she did a runway strut and worked it to RuPaul Supermodel!!! LOVE HER!!!! And she knew her angles- at one point when they were frozen she had to fix her hair to make sure her face was being shown- awesome!

Geri: I love that she resurrected the British Flag outfit- fantastic!! And when she came out to do it's raining men the crowd went berserk! Absolutely crazy!! She is in fantastic shape and was really fun- the girl likes to shimmy.

Sporty: I loved Sporty- the girl can sing. And she had fun and was kicking away and she was sooo enthusiastic. I hated a lot of her outfits though- too many tracksuits and weird belt buckles. But when she did I turn to you from Bend it Like Beckham I went nuts!! And she loved being out there so it made it fun to watch

Baby: By far the most improved spice. Her hair was fantastic, the skin was flawless and I loved her costumes the most because I would love to wear them. I didn't know her solo song but it was cute. And baby was a great performer.

Scary: She was amazing- she was loud and boisterous and everything that you thought she would be. She was having fun the whole time and was just a ball of energy. And her solo was very funny- it was Are You Going To Go My Way and she had a whip and did a weird strip act with a guy in the audience- it was actually kind of shocking and funny at the same time.

Other thoughts- the costumes were fantastic and sparkly and looked fantastic on stage- go Cavalli!!

I loved when they posed like dolls- it was fantastic.

And the end when they are walking down the runway they start doing the riverdance and the camera pans to their feet- Posh has just the best feet and shoes!

All and all amazing and fantastic and fabulous and any other word that describes the best concert ever.

Hasta Manana Spices- always be mine!

Viva Forever!!

UPDATE: Here is a link to an article in The Star today talking about the concert last night

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/article/300177

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm actually jealous, sounds like the concert was fab. Enjoyed your review!

Sarah said...

Glad to hear that you had such a good time... :)

But why do I keep hearing rumours of them splitting up from the British press???

Shauna said...

Well they decided to cancel the tour at the end of this month and cancelled the rest of the shows. They didn't give a reason for the cancellation- they said due to family commitments. So the press is speculating that it's either due to poor ticket sales or to feuds between girls.

Anonymous said...

I am still on a high from last night. I had the time of my life!

Anonymous said...

I say one of them is approaching 4 months pregnant...why else cancel at this point?

Janet said...

Shauna! Wow. Thanks for recreating the moment for us!!!! Amazing review :)

Girl power!