Monday, September 22, 2008

Emmy Red Carpet

Yes I know I'm a day late but I was at NKOTB last night (yay!!!) so I am doing this now. First off I would like to say thank you to my newly acquired PVR- god I love you!!

Oh god I hate Howie Mandel- how does he have a career?!?!! I wish he would shut up!

As much as I do like Project Runway I don't think that Heidi Klum is a very talented host- she looks very awkward with these guys. I mean come on- Tim Gunn is the real star of that show!!

Sandra Oh's dress is ok...I mean it isn't spectacular but it's ok

Alyssa?!?! What the hell are you turying to wear!?!? Mermaid is never a good look!!

I really like Olivia Wilde's dress...the only thing is that I would consider that to be a wedding dress

Oh Lisa Edelstein's hair looks awful!! It makes her head look even bigger!

Oh Jim you are soooo cute! Screw Pam- come find me!!

Vanessa Williams actually looks quite nice- usually she looks awful on the red carpet but I like this.

Oh I don't like Marcia Cross's dress- she looks like mother nature..and not in a good way! Wow her forehead does not move at all!! She is quite quite frozen! There is no movement of those eyebrows!

I feel bad for Steve Carell trying to banter with Ryan Seacrest- Seacrest just cn't keep up.

Neil Patrick Harris you have turned into quite the sexy beast!! I just picture him singing Rent and it makes me happy

Oh Dexter there you are you sexy sexy beast!!!! GOD I LOVE YOU!!!

Although I hate her hair I just love Lisa Edelstein's dress- it looks fantastic!

Jeremy Piven is an ass- David Boreanaz was actually quite cute and he insults that he talked too much. Anyone with that many messy plugs should not be insulting others.

Oh god Eva Longoria's hair looks SO bad- it's like she took a tube of brilcream and just smoothed it down

I think I need Sarah Polson's hair- it looks much more fun and pouffy that mine- I need it!

Lee Pace!!!! I want you to win SOOOO badly!! I cannot WAIT for Pushing Daisies to come back! Ned the piemaker rocks!

Oh God I love Michael C Hall- sexy.sexy.beast!!

Look how cute Christian Siriano is- he's so little!!

Yay Christina Applegate!! You go and dress up and kick some ass!!

Oh God my eyes!! I mean I know we all age but Holly Hunter's neck is absolutely terrifying!!! She is obviously botoxing- she should so something about those muscles in her neck!!

Bryan Cranston you are soooo bloody funny!! you slept your way to the middle in Hollywood- haha!

1 comment:

Dr. Eavyl said...

Yay! Was wondering where this was all last night and today!!! And hello, where is the review on the NK show?!? Thisclose to putting delayed Shauna posts on my boat!

Carpet-- Alyssa-I also thought that was her and was so confused as to why she was there...turns out was not. I’d hate to have been Alyssa Milano watching at home hearing people bash me like mad while some look-alike tars my image! Also, how surprised were you at how normal-looking (and short) Doogie’s partner is? Must be love.

Seriously, how did “reality host” become a worthy category?!? And WHY put them on as hosts?!? Would have been better to have no host, but just a slew of entertainers in charge of each segment. What do you think? I think any one host during election lead-up would have been too much, depending on who.

I’ll be honest, I couldn’t watch the whole thing, was too bored and Gossip Girl was on, so I heard about some of the speeches and stuff but didn’t see them until they were put online. Ricky Gervais was good (Steve Carell almost had me there, his face was so straight). Don Rickles was awesome, and I actually liked Kathy Griffin for a bit, since she was honestly giggling at one of comedy’s idols, and giving him the “space” to be himself rather than forcing herself into the limelight. Tina Fey winning almost made me tear up but not quite, but I LOVED her quote about her parents raising her with confidence that was undeserving of her beauty or talent and that all parents should do so...so great! Love that Pushing Daisies and 30 Rock won a few awards (and was so excited that almost all the nominees for guest stars were for 30 Rock...if that many celebs do cameos, attention brings viewers and therefore recognition).
Must say have never seen this Mad Men show, and I may have to check it out, but it doesn’t seem like my kind of show...I’m way too shallow to get into real dramas.

PS-While looking up the full winners’ list, I noticed that Sarah Silverman etc. won for “I’m fucking Matt Damon”...was that announced on the real show? How did they avoid the “f” word? Do you think they put the real title on their Emmy? Love it. Heehee, yay Sarah Silverman!