Thursday, December 18, 2008

So Sad.


http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_30193.aspx

This is just the saddest news I've heard in a long time. There was a fire at a Humane Society in Durham and 160 cats were killed as well as other animals. It is just so heartbreaking- officials tried to get to them but the building was engulfed with flames and the animals died of smoke inhalation. What makes it worse is so many of these poor animals had probably been abused and already suffered. It's so awful- it makes me so upset. They are not sure how it was caused but they have had break-ins in the past and it may have been arson. Who the hell breaks in to a humane society? What is wrong with people?!!?

Anyways, Baxter and I are making a donation in honour of all the poor cats that died. I encourage all of you to do the same- we all have $10 at least to help these poor animals. And those that need a place to go when no one else will help them.

http://www.humanedurham.com/paypaldonationpage.html

I can't bear to post a pic of the fire or the surviving animals- it's too sad. Instead here is Baxter curling up on my new duvet. This is what animals should have- a comfy place to sleep

2 comments:

Sheila said...

When I read the title and saw the picture, for a moment I thought the news was about Baxter! Relieved that it was not.

So sad about the DHS.

Dr. Eavyl said...

Worst thing is the irony...apparently the fire was started by mice chewing on wires, thus killing themselves and the cats. I'm with ya on the donation thing...especially in snowstorm season, these pet friends need places to go.