Sunday, June 7, 2009

Tony Awards



That had to be one of the best opening numbers in award show history!! I mean the talent on the stage was amazing. First of all- POISON!? What the hell is Poison doing there- I must see this Rock of Ages show! I don't understand why Brett had to lipsynch but it was still great. Next- West Side Story- I have some fond memories of the trainwreck KL production that I was in. Then Dolly Parton- I LOVE DOLLY PARTON! She is campy goodness through and through! I have always wanted to go to Dollywood! And Liza- again, campy goodness. My inner gay man was just thrilled. Then to end it with Hair- my favorite musical of all time. With Elton, Niles Crane, etc...it was amazing! I would have KILLED to have been on that stage!

And now Doogie is on the stage- this show just keeps getting better and better! Who would have ever thought he would grow up to be so hot- his suit is fantastic.

Jane Fonda- I used to love you too. I remember being 8 and doing the Jane Fonda workout with my mom!

A bit too much of this Shrek song with the squeaky voices- this doesn't look terribly appealing to me

After seeing the movie I really really want to see Mamma Mia on stage

Susan Sarandon looks fantastic- I mean i'm sure she's had a little bit of nipping and tucking here and there but her eyebrows still move

Oh yuck I did really want to see Rock of Ages until Constantine Maroulis showed up- what gutter did they drag him out of?! Ok them going after Liza has made me want to see the show again. Oh and don't stop believing- I HAVE TO SEE THIS SHOW!!!

Liza! That's all

Carrie Fisher- my god you can hardly walk! That is so sad

Well Jessica Lange's face seems to be settling in- it's not as frightening...but still not great...

Oh god- now i'm crying during the in memoriam- TWO GOLDEN GIRLS!!! TWO!!!! God I loved them!

Ok I always love me some Hair- it's my favorite. But I'm a purist- I didn't love that performance- not enough belting- too much running around and joking around- I need it to be more of a power ballad

Oh those three boys from Billy Elliott are too cute for words- and my god they are talented. I am SOOO jealous of Becca and Simmie that they are going to see it

I had to put the video of Neil Patrick Harris doing the closing number here- it was FREAKIN fantastic! I love this guy!

No comments: