Sunday, July 5, 2009

Angels and Demons

I went to see Angels and Demons last night and actually did enjoy it. I went into it with some apprehension because I really disliked the Da Vinci Code but was pleasantly surprised. I have read both books and let's be honest- while the stories are definitely intriguing Dan Brown is not the strongest writer. But he writes in a manner that would make it really easy to make the story into a movie. I don't fully understand why the screenwriter changed the story- it flowed seemlessly before but the end product in both movies left lots of unanswered questions.

My first issue was the casting of Tom Hanks. I strongly disliked him as Robert Langdon in the first one but in this one it was fine. It seemed much more age appropriate (I"m going to pretend the speedo scene didn't happen).

I wish they hadn't changed the CERN story around- that whole seen at the beginning with the creation of the anti-matter so wasn't necessary. Using lots of science mumbo jumbo and explosions was not necessary. They should have just stuck with the original story.

But it was a good movie- I was excited to see the Vatican archives and the necropolis under St. Peters. That was the most exciting thing for me. I swear if I ever got a wish I would want to go and play in those archives- I can't even imagine the shit that they have down there. It would be amazing!

I also loved to watch all the sites across Rome- I so need to go back!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I also rather enjoyed it. I agreed to tag along with the hubs and his friends, expecting it to be crap, but it was surprisingly entertaining! I also really liked seeing all of the bits of Rome :)