Saturday, January 23, 2010

Mortal Instruments Series


I've been trying to think of ways to revive this blog since I just don't seem to take the time to write on it very often. So I decided to write up some book reviews on here. For one I love talking about books- I am thrilled whenever anyone will talk about books with me. Plus this new Twilight era scares the bejeesus out of me- the fact that people actually enjoy that crap is truly frightning. There are soo many good books out there that people need to read.

So the first books I'm going to talk about are the Mortal Instruments series- City of Bones, City of Ashes and City of Glass by Cassandra Clare. Let me tell you- they are amazing!!! It is Teen Lit but highly recommend to everyone

I like to say that they are a mix of the Harry Potter world and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The author flawlessly creates a magical world that exists all around us humans that we cannot see- a la Harry Potter. It is inhabited by Shadowhunters who protect all the magical creatures from Demons- a la Buffy.

It is just a super fun read. It can get violent but in this genre it is a must- no retardly lame vegetarian vampires here. I could not put these books down and cannot WAIT for the next one to come out

3 comments:

hickjulz said...

sounds good, can i borrow them

Michelle said...

Shauna, may I suggest that you read The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak too... I read it this summer in Poland (twice), and I have since read it another 3 times... it blows me away every time. Warning: you will cry.

Shauna said...

I have requested The Book Thief from my library so am just waiting to get it. I've heard nothing but good things. I need to read less emotional books though- I'm reading 1000 splendid suns and am very emotional