Sunday, February 28, 2010

Closing Ceremonies

I have always enjoyed the olympics but I have to say I have enjoyed these games more than any other I've ever watched. I am just so proud to be Canadian and have been so emotionally involved in pretty much every event. The amount of red in the crowds and the absolute national pride has been amazing.

While it is moving that Joannie Rochette was chosen as the flag bearer I think it should have Charles Hamelin, Alex Bilodeau or Jon Montgomery. Charles because he had two gold medals, Alex because his was first and Jon because he was my absolute favorite. I loved him- his enthusiasm was infectious.

Look the cauldron only has the three arms up- I guess they will finish it off. Oh god a mime- please no! No mimes!! Ok this is a bit too much... Oh and they will let Catriona Lemay Doan light the cauldron.

Inward eye?!!? Who the hell is this!?!? Seriously they couldn't get a known band?!!?

Oh christ here come all the chiefs again. They seriously have to go out of their way to isolate these people!?!? Eye roll.

Where the hell is Obama?! He hasn't really acknowledged the Olympics.

WHAT THE HELL?!!?!? This is the national anthem!?!? Make it stop!!! Ok they started singing normally. It is too poppy for me still but not horrid. Why the hell can't they just sing it normally?!?!?!!? This is retarded. I hate this.

There is my Jon Montgomery- I adore him! Where is his sweater!? Where is men's hockey? They didn't march in the opening- are they not in the closing either?

Urg- again they couldn't get better talent than this?!!? Who the hell are these people!?? It's like they are pandering to the 12 year olds.

I had better see the grande fromage here- where the HELL is Celine!?!? Thank god I'm watching this on PVR I have no time for this crappy music.

I really like John Furlong- I have seen many interviews with him and he seems like a nice guy. Jesus why the hell are they making him speak French!?!? This is painful- I hate the crappy political correctness of this country. Let the guy speak English! Just translate it on the screen.

Now THIS is more like it- Neil Young!!! Finally genuine talent!!! Although I would like to see him Rocking in a Free World.

Ok bobsledders I thought you were funny before but pretending to sleep is just rude.

WILLIAM SHATNER!!! Now this is more like it!! Look at him he's tangerine!!

Catherine O'Hara- again AMAZING!!! This is more like it!!! Maybe she'll sing about terriers!!! Ok this is a bit awkward but I still like her.

ALEX P KEATON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!!

And here is Mister Bubbles- I was wondering when they would bring him out.

Well here is an assembly of every single Canadian stereotype- it's pretty cute.

I so need those lighted moose antlers!! I mean hello- i can do moose calls!!

Oh and there is Nickelback...of course

Oh and here's Avril. Ok she is a big name- better than those earlier people. Oh and she's singing Girlfriend- I love that song. I actually really like her music- I'll own it. I mean as a person she seems completely vapid and can't seem to stop acting like a 12 year old but her music is good. I guess this is now just a concert since all the athletes are out of their seats

Oh and Alanis- ok finally the big guns! Now this is way better than the beginning. She looks so much better with her hair long. Does she have a big tat on her arm!? What the hell is that? Yuck. This isn't the best song- it should have been peppy and something they could have danced to

The athletes don't seem to really care about this concert- they are all just standing around and chatting more than anything

They ended this thing with chaos?!!? Seriously this is incredibly anticlimactic to me

Whatever- I will remember the events and how much I enjoyed them

No comments: